Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Nice Slice

I was in Providence Sunday with the bf heading to see Alice in Wonderland in IMAX and we decided to try out Nice Slice on Thayer street to check out the vegan food they have. Because it had been such a gorgeous day, everyone was out and about so parking was tough. I never knew Thayer St. existed, it is a strip of boutique shops, cafes, restaurants and lots more right in the heart of the Brown University area and RISD. I can't wait to go back when I have more time to do some shopping, and more eating.

Anyways, we had checked out the menu in advance and were planning on trying some of their vegan pizza but when we got there we decided on sandwiches.. The place is pretty small, but they have a really good selection of mock meats, they even have vegan cheese. I got the "Vegan Cheese Steak" sans onions and ranch. It was a little too salty for my liking, which means extremely salty because I put tons of salt on everything, I think it was the fake meat though. Either way, it was still good. The bf got a mock chicken with buffalo sauce and cheese. We like things very hot so there wasn't enough sauce for our liking, but it was still delicious. We will definitely be back to try the vegan pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment